Thursday, October 10, 2013

Retro Bikes

As part of my new way of exercise on how to conquer my diabetes i am including "biking" here in my running blog.

Last month, Sept. 29,2013 Pinoy Retrobikes member's gathered together to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the group. It was held in U.P. infront of Palma hall. It was a show-off of a vintage bikes of all different kinds like road bikes, track bikes, mini velos, cruisers, and mountain bikes. Bike enthusiasts and members  shared each other on how to keep and preserve rare precious and odd parts not sold in our local bike store.

I should note that I am a complete novice to bike maintenance, vintage bikes in general, and anything much more involved that just hopping on a bike and going, for my main reason only is to conquer my diabetes. But that's maybe what intimidate some about owning a vintage bike- that it may require some keen know-how or involved understanding of how to fix old bikes.

If you're determined to ride and have a bike- any bike- that is reasonable fit, you should be able to hop on and go. And sometimes the bike you least expected to fall in love with might just end up stealing your heart.

Happy riding!







No comments:

Post a Comment