Thursday, January 20, 2011

PSE Bull-Run

Jan. 9, 2011

PSE Bull-Run welcome the year as my first run race in 2011. It was a perfect time to trim those excess fats and sugar took last yuletide season.

Having no work out run for holiday it really hard for me to take off at the starting line. I took one step at a time listened to my body if I can do my second 10k. I didn’t even bring any hydration bottle. I just recognized it when I felt thirsty along 3rd avenue. At the top of kalayaan fly-over was so dark there were no street lights and I could barely see what’s ahead of me. When my shoe lace was untied I saw a shattered glass scattered along the pavement.

At last I saw a water station down the foot bridge of kalayaan fly-over going to Makati Avenue. I stopped and grabbed a cup of Gatorade to fill-out my drought mouth. At the intersection of Buendia and Makati Avenue runners had to nimble to dodge in able not to get bump by irate and reckless drivers.

Upon reaching the u-turn slot at the corner of Malugay st. and Buendia Ave. there was a water station again but they’re ran-out of a cup. So we used our hand to sip just to hydrate ourselves. And one more thing they don’t have a marshal to give a band to runners in u-turn slot. 


The same things happened when we go back lack of hydration station and marshals.

I felt exhausted and annoyed in this race. I thought PSE would be one of the great events that I could run. Plus “hay naku” the giveaways haaaayyy…one can of tuna sardines and one bottle of beverage.

I just finished my 2nd 10k 01:06:26


No comments:

Post a Comment