Tuesday, January 25, 2011

La Salle Greentennial run

Jan. 23, 2011

It’s late at night …or it’s too early in the morning….whatever… Just woke up past 1am for La Salle Greentennial run. This time I’m not a runner but a marshal. I volunteered as a marshal when Kat (my colleague in aNR UP) posted that they needed a volunteers in Greentennial run. My son Mark also volunteered as a photographer.

We arrived at the running place in Bonifacio Global City at around 2pm in order to know where our post will be. I tried to find a free parking but the area was already closed, so I just parked at the pay parking which I can’t do anything but to park hehehegastos talaga”.
  

(i'm in white with green sleeve t-shirt)

So there’s it goes, people were so busy assembling those tents, sounds, arc etc. And then finally, I saw Jamby who is the race director and the one who will tell where our posts will be. I was assigned in the start/finish area where we will guide and assist the runners in their finish lane according to their race categories.


As we got our volunteers’ shirts my son jokingly said “tara na dad uwi na tayo hehehe”. I was laughed at his nasty suggestion. But we’re there to see the actual looks, glamour and emotion of a runner. And to him, was for the enhancement of his photography.

It was misting when the gun blown in the air.  I could see the ardent desire of a runner, like a bull when they hurriedly kick off the starting line to beat their personals best.  Some was for fun and just want to experience the actual run race. And other was for the pictures hehehe pang facebook ika nga.

I saw runners in their glamorous running suit, their new techno accessories which some said it helps for their running.  Some wearing wigs or something that people will attract to look at them. But in the end it's your strength and endurance is the key to finish the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment