Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yeheey!!! I just got my wish, a 2 nike compression short from my wonderful and very generous sister Ate Tess. Plus she gave me a nike cap and 6 pair of nike socks, Wow! What a good presence. Thank you Ate Tess for your unstopping support.

When i started running i saw mostly in a man wearing compression shorts. I ask myself what’s in a compression shorts. Why most runners want to wear it?

According to Wikipedia “Compression shorts are undergarments usually worn by athletes. They are form-fitting garments and when worn cover the athlete's waist to mid or lower thigh. These garments are often made from a spandex-type material, similar to cycling shorts.

The main benefits of compression shorts are:
  • Reducing muscle fatigue
  • Helping maintain energy levels
  • Improving proprioception
  • Improving center of motion
  • Increasing efficiency of movement
  • Providing heightened responsiveness
  • Improving force and power production
  • Reducing muscle vibration
  • Preventing Injury**
  • In addition, there is some evidence that compression shorts may enhance athletic performance.

Aside from looking good it’s very helpful to my body. So, goodbye to my baggie shorts, although sometimes i have to wear them in my training run.

No comments:

Post a Comment